What to know about the chameleon trail in the Rwenzori foothills.
- The tour is available every day
- You find chameleons in their natural habitat
- Price includes specialized local guides who know have to look for them.
- The tour takes 3-4 hours but can be longer on request. It is possible to do the tour on the little spare time available between destinations
- It is located 380km from Kampala, 81km from Fort portal and 26km from Kasese town
- Up to seven chameleon species live in the forest
- The key highlight is finding the male Johnston’s chameleon with a muscular and colorful outfit
This nature trail is organized by Ruboni community in the Rwenzori foothills. The chameleons live in the community nature reserve that has been reserved on the boarder of Rwenzori mountains national park.
During the chameleon finding tour, guests have chances of finding other wildlife such as birds, insects, primates and a variety of plant and tree species that make up this tour interesting.
The price is affordable. Please request a quote. If you want to spend an overnight outdoor in nature, this can also be arranged included in the chameleon trail.