Here I provide community accommodations you cans choose from for your stay around Rwenzori during Theluji festival and Tusker Lite Rwenzori marathon. These accommodations are all located in Kasese district, within short distance to where the event will be celebrated.
For more information and placing your reservation, please contact us.
Snow heights lodge:
- Information: Rwenzori information centre, restaurant and Bar, bird watching, all Ruboni community tours organized, at the gate of Rwenzori Mountain National Park, Free amble parking space
- Key Highlights: Forest ssarounding, Mountain views, River views, serene balcony forest views, onsite hotsprings, access to all the 15 Ruboni village guided tours and cultural experiences.
- Description: A 3-star hotel nestled in the heart of one of Africa’s most stunning natural wonders, surrounded by lush forests, stunning waterfalls, and majestic mountains. It is located 28k from Kasese town, which is Theluji festival venue.
Snow Heights Lodge Reception
Ruboni Community Camp:
- Information: 8 guestrooms with 20 beds, storage space available, accessible by road, 28km from Kasese, accepts credit card, booking essential,
- Key Highlights: Best Mountain views, access to all the 15 Ruboni village guided tours and cultural experiences, starting point for Rwenzori trekking, Balcony mountain views,
- Description: Probably offering the best Mountain View in the area, Ruboni community camp is the pioneer of community tourism and most preferred in Ruboni village. Is it owned and run by the community with all benefits going to the local people. The camp offers guestrooms, a restaurant and bar to the guests before or after they trek the Rwenzori Mountains.
Summit guest house:
- Information: Accessed by road, 27km from Kasese town, bar and guestrooms, community tours, free parking space, 4 rooms, free store available,
- Key Highlights: access to all the 15 Ruboni village guided tours and cultural experiences, nature walks and Rwenori mountain hiking, garden mountain views
- Description: Situated in Kasese, Summit Guesthouse is features accommodation with a garden, free private parking, a terrace and a bar.
Snow valley cottages:
- Information: furnished apartments, self catering accessible by road, cash only, booking essential, plenty of free parking space and storage for guest luggage.
- Key highlights: mountain views, participating in farm activities, onsite fishing experience, access to all the 15 Ruboni village guided tours and cultural experiences, Rwenzori trekking experience.
- Description: located on the farm at Makura village in the Rwenzori foothills. The rooms are set with all the necessary furnishings suitable for self catering needs.
Rwenzori Turaco Camp:
- Information: 11rooms, 15beds, Free ample parking space, payment by cash and mobile money only,
- Key Highlights: Camp fire, nature walks, weeding/ meeting ground, access to all the 15 Ruboni village guided tours and cultural experiences, views of portal peaks and adjacent hills.
- Decsription: A small tourist camp offering a restaurant with bar, rooms, tents and a camping ground where guests can pitch their own tent.
- Information: A rural home, two rooms half board, storage space available, locable private bedrooms, accessible by road, 26km from Kasese, accepts credit card, booking essential,
- Key Highlights: View of the portal peaks, mountain scenery, access to all the 15 Ruboni village guided tours and cultural experiences, starting point for Rwenzori trekking, next to the community visitors centre,
- Description: This small family is part of a chain of extended families that showcase the local traditional way of life. While you stay, you will learn how the local village members live with each other in their family networks. Staying in a private room, guests get half board package and access to participate in all the house activities.
Ruboni Community Camp, Banda
Tours holiday Inn:
- Information: Restaurant and bar, Store for luggage, free parking, accessible by road, cash only, 22km from Kasese town, 25 rooms, 31 beds, conference facilities. Wedding and event venue, booking required.
- Key Highlights: sales self-contained rooms, starting of rwenzori trekking and access to all the 15 Ruboni village guided tours and cultural experiences.
- Description: Rwenzori base camp Holiday Inn is located in a beautiful neighborhood near Ibanda trading center on Nkenda Nyakalengijo road. It is about 6km from the Rwenzori mountains National Park Gate. The hotel offers self contained rooms, a restaurant and spacious parking area for staying guests.
Lafrique guesthouse Rwakingi:
- Information: 6 self contained rooms with 6 beds, 10km from Kasese town, cash only accessed by road, restaurant and bar, WiFi available, free luggage storage and parking for guests.
- Key Highlights: access to all the 15 Ruboni village guided tours and cultural experiences, Rwenzori trekking, community walk, hot springs visit.
- Description: A well catered and accessible guesthouse offering meals, bar and comfortable rooms in a very clean environment. La-frique is located on the road to the park gate and suitable for the night before and after your trek to the Rwenzori or if you want to explore the beauty of Ruboni Tourism Village
- Information: self catering facility, 3 spacious bedrooms, queen size beds, 4 bathrooms, Fully equipped kitchen with a cooker, coffee maker, blender and cutlery. Living room with smart TV and DSTV, bookshelf and dining area, big gardens and paved parking, Standby power inverter, Picnic benches by Riverside
- Key highlights: A little stream and forest in the back. Overlooking the Rwenzori ranges, generally serene, cool and quiet place, all country home experience.
- Description: BLT Residence is a bungalow nestled at the foothills of Rwenzori Mountain in a cool and peaceful environment. It is easily accessed via a decent road a few minutes out of Kasese town. Whether you enjoy a picnic at the riverside or just being serenaded by the birds, this place is ideal for you. At night, you will be lulled to sleep by the sound of the river sounds as it makes its way downstream. The place is and is suitable for all categories of holiday makers like hikers, tourists, families and people traveling for work.
The Elephant Home
The Elephant Home:
- Information: 20km from Kasese town, free parking, child friendly, 3 rooms, restaurant, cashless payment options available, self-contained rooms, meals and drinks served on order, campfire every night, open air dinner option, pitch your own tent.
- Key highlights: Wildlife safaris, boat cruise, gift shop on site, village tours, near Queen Elizabeth National Park,
- Description: The Elephant Home is a community owned and run tourist lodge. The initiative is a social project that helps to create alternative sustainable livelihood for the local residents as a way of raising conservation awareness. The business pilots sustainable living and coexistence of people and wildlife, by supporting local innovations and businesses. The lodge runs a long list of community tourism activities and experiences as a way of creating opportunities for the locals and educating the tourisms about the life near the national park. Most of the money and benefits generated are reinvested back for conservation and community development.