Here is a list of popular hotels found at Rwenzori base camp, Nyakalengijo. Nyakalengijo is the central circuit, oldest and most popular gate of Rwenzori Mountains National park. It is located within Ruboni Tourism Village. If you are planning to trek through the central circuit, or interested in exploring the people, nature and culture of Rwenzori mountains, you will better stay in one of the hotels close to the gate. You will find them in the list bellow;
Snow Heights Lodge
- Information: Rwenzori information centre, restaurant and Bar, bird watching, all Ruboni community tours organized, at the gate of Rwenzori Mountain National Park, Free amble parking space
- Key Highlights: Forest ssarounding, Mountain views, River views, serene balcony forest views, onsite hotsprings, access to all the 15 Ruboni village guided tours and cultural experiences.
- Description: A 3-star hotel nestled in the heart of one of Africa’s most stunning natural wonders, surrounded by lush forests, stunning waterfalls, and majestic mountains.
Ruboni Community Camp
- Information: 8 guestrooms with 20 beds, storage space available, accessible by road, 28km from Kasese, accepts credit card, booking essential,
- Key Highlights: Best Mountain views, access to all the 12 Ruboni village guided tours and cultural experiences, starting point for Rwenzori trekking, Balcony mountain views,
- Description: Probably offering the best Mountain View in the area, Ruboni community camp is the pioneer of community tourism and most preferred in Ruboni village. Is it owned and run by the community with all benefits going to the local people. The camp offers guestrooms, a restaurant and bar to the guests before or after they trek the Rwenzori Mountains.
Summit Guest House
- Information: Accessed by road, 27km from Kasese town, bar and guestrooms, community tours, free parking space, 4 rooms, free store available,
- Key Highlights: access to all the 15 Ruboni village guided tours and cultural experiences, nature walks and mountain hiking, garden mountain views
- Description: Situated in Kasese, Summit Guesthouse is features accommodation with a garden, free private parking, a terrace and a bar.
Rwenzori Turaco view camp
- Information: 11rooms, 15 beds, Free ample parking space, payment by cash and mobile money only,
- Key Highlights: Camp fire, nature walks, weeding/ meeting ground, access to all the 15 Ruboni village guided tours and cultural experiences, views of portal peaks and adjacent hills.
- Description: A small tourist camp offering a restaurant with bar, rooms, tents and a camping ground where guests can pitch their own tent.
Snow Valley cottages
- Information: furnished apartments, self catering accessible by road, cash only, booking essential, plenty of free parking space and storage for guest luggage.
- Key highlights: mountain views, participating in farm activities, onsite fishing experience, access to all the 15 Ruboni village guided tours and cultural experiences, Rwenzori trekking experience.
- Description: located on the farm at Makura village in the Rwenzori foothills. The rooms are set with all the necessary furnishings suitable for self catering needs.
Base Camp, tours holiday Inn
- Information: Restaurant and bar, Store for luggage, free parking, accessible by road, cash only, 22km from Kasese town, 25 rooms, 31 beds, conference facilities. Wedding and event venue, booking required.
- Key Highlights: sales self-contained rooms, starting of Rwenzori trekking and access to all the 15 Ruboni village guided tours and cultural experiences.
- Description: Rwenzori base camp Holiday Inn is located in a beautiful neighborhood near Ibanda trading center on Nkenda-Nyakalengijo road. It is about 6km from the Rwenzori mountains National Park Gate. The hotel offers self contained rooms, a restaurant and spacious parking area for staying guests.
- Information: 6 self contained rooms with 6 beds, 10km from Kasese town, cash only accessed by road, restaurant and bar, WiFi available, free luggage storage and parking for guests.
- Key Highlights: access to all the 15 Ruboni village guided tours and cultural experiences, Rwenzori trekking, community walk, hot springs visit.
- Description: A well catered and accessible guesthouse offering meals, bar and comfortable rooms in a very clean environment. La-frique is located on the road to the park gate and suitable for the night before and after your trek to the Rwenzori or if you want to explore the beauty of Ruboni Tourism Village
- Information: self catering facility, 3 spacious bedrooms, queen size beds, 4 bathrooms, Fully equipped kitchen with a cooker, coffee maker, blender and cutlery.Living room with smart TV and DSTV, bookshelf and dining area, big gardens and paved parking, Standby power inverter, Picnic benches by Riverside
- Key highlights: A little stream and forest in the back. Overlooking the Rwenzori ranges, generally serene, cool and quiet place, all country home experience, access to all the 15 Ruboni Village guided tours and cultural experiences.
- Description: BLT Residence is a bungalow nestled at the foothills of Rwenzori Mountain in a cool and peaceful environment. It is easily accessed via a decent road a few minutes out of Kasese town. Whether you enjoy a picnic at the riverside or just being serenaded by the birds, this place is ideal for you. At night, you will be lulled to sleep by the sound of the river sounds as it makes its way downstream. The place is and is suitable for all categories of holiday makers like hikers, tourists, families and people traveling for work.
- Information: A rural home, two rooms half board, storage space available, locable private bedrooms, accessible by road, 26km from Kasese, accepts credit card, booking essential,
- Key Highlights: View of the portal peaks, mountain scenery, access to all the 15 Ruboni village guided tours and cultural experiences, starting point for Rwenzori trekking, next to the Community Visitors Centre,
- Description: This small family is part of a chain of extended families that showcase the local traditional way of life. it is located 2.5km before the park gate. While you stay, you will learn how the local village members live with each other in their family networks. Staying in a private room, guests get half board package and access to participate in all the house activities.
Bookings for any of these hotels can be made directly with individual hotels, or though your tour operator. If you want to book through a local community operator that is resident to the Rwenzori, you will contact Ruboni Tourism Village to arrange your bookings.
Ruboni Tourism Village is a local initiative that consolidated all the tourism players and service providers at the Rwenzori Base Camp to the central circuit trail. This village intiative works with the different tourism stakeholders to promote sustainability in tourism.